Winter is a fantastic time to plan a New England getaway. As the weather gradually grows colder outside, it’s the perfect time to retreat indoors to cozy spaces and intimate getaways. The many charms of Block Island in the winter await you, especially when you center your New England Getaway around a stay at one of our Inns or cottages.
Our collection of Block Island Inns is, without a doubt, the best lodging on Block Island. We’re just minutes from downtown Block Island, the Block Island Ferry, and Old Harbor. From here, you can easily find your way to the top things to do on Block Island. Spend your days wandering the expansive network of trails around the Island, visiting local beaches and lighthouses, hiking along the Mohegan Bluffs, and enjoying a romantic dinner with your sweetheart.
All this and more is at your fingertips when you choose us as your lodging on Block Island. Our lodging collection features a range of properties suitable for every traveler, including solo adventures and family-friendly breaks, and we’re one of the only properties offering beachfront lodging on Block Island.
Enjoy the most romantic New England getaway this winter at our stunning lodging on Block Island. Book your room today!
Enjoy the Most Romantic New England Getaway
Unless you’re planning a ski break in the mountains, winter isn’t necessarily the obvious time of year to plan a New England Getaway – especially to beloved summer destinations like Block Island. However, we’re here to convince you otherwise. Winter on Block Island is a truly magical time of year. Our lodging on Block Island is inherently romantic, and with far fewer people on the Island at this time of year, it’s perhaps even a more enjoyable time of year for a New England getaway.
You don’t need a special occasion to plan a New England getaway this winter. Sometimes, it’s nice to just get away for a few days and enjoy some restorative downtime. That is particularly true as we draw closer to the busy holiday season! Head across the Block Island Sound, and you may find that you have this island paradise all to yourself – or at least you’ll find that it feels that way!
There’s not a single “right” way to enjoy your New England getaway at our lodging on Block Island, but we definitely have some ideas. Long walks on the beach are less cliche here and more a regular part of life – even in the winter! Stay with us at our lodging on Block Island, and we’ll share a few of our favorite things to do on Block Island in the winter. Get started with our fun list below!
- If you’ve heard of the Glass Float Project on Block Island, you should know that winter is one of the best times of year to walk the trails in search of them! What a great souvenir one of these glass floats would make for your New England getaway, too!
- Whether you’re in search of glass floats or not, winter is always a fantastic time to walk along the many trails of Block Island, especially scenic ones like Mohegan Bluffs. Walking our trails is a memorable nature-focused respite and is definitely one of our favorite things to do on Block Island.
- Another great thing to do in the winter during your New England getaway is to visit the North and South Lights. These Block Island lighthouses offer excellent coastal views.
- Another great place to enjoy a nature-focused New England getaway is the Block Island National Wildlife Refuge. There is some wonderful winter birdwatching on Block Island, and this is arguably the best place to enjoy it.
- Getting out in nature during your trips to Block Island is a big part of why people come here, but there are plenty of things to do on Block Island that don’t require you to be out in the cold winter weather. Take your time to browse the shops, art galleries, and more in the Old Harbor District of town, followed by a delicious meal at one of the top Block Island restaurants.
The Best Lodging on Block Island
Whether you’re looking for someplace to celebrate an anniversary, a birthday, or just a special romantic weekend away, there’s no better lodging on Block Island than our collection of Inns. We offer a range of accommodations, all with access to the stunning coastline of Block Island. We provide the perfect New England getaway, even in the depths of a cold New England winter.
Whether you need a little break in the ramp-up to the holiday season or want to relax and unwind after one of the busiest seasons of the year, our lodging on Block Island is unbeatable. Not only do we offer some of the only beachfront lodging on Block Island, but we do so with exquisite hospitality and plenty of high-end amenities.
Unlike other lodging on Block Island, we offer many different types of accommodations to choose from at our various properties. Blue Dory Inn is the perfect choice for lodging on Block Island if you’re traveling with friends, family, or pets. For a romantic New England Getaway, however, you’ll want to choose Avonlea, a couple’s only property with stunning coastal views. We also offer Block Island Vacation Cottages for a more intimate and private New England getaway.
Regardless of your choice, each property in our collection offers beachfront access within walking distance from the ferry, shops, and restaurants on Block Island. It doesn’t matter what you do during your New England Getaway – it just matters that you carve out some space to enjoy some time together, just the two of you. Our beachfront lodging on Block Island sets the perfect stage for romantic getaways. Book your New England getaway today!