Awards & Reviews
- Trip Advisor – Hall of Fame – Certificate of Excellence 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015.
- Crème de la Crème Award “Most Romantic Bed & Breakfast”, Boston Best Guide, 1999-2011.
- “Ocean State of Mind”, The Boston Globe, July 2008. “Widely considered one of the most romantic lodging options on the isle is the Blue Dory Inn, a beachside inn with great views and luxury suites.
- Included in 1,000 Places to See in the U.S.A. and Canada Before You Die, 2007, by Patricia Schultz
- “Room with a View”, featured the Avonlea Inn, Block Island Times, September 2010. This article highlighted the Emerald room as having one of the best views on the island.
- Included in 1,000 Places to See Before You Die, 2003, by Patricia Schultz
- “The Hot List”, Conde Nast Traveler, May 2003
- “Travel Like a Star”, In Style Magazine, July 2003
- New York Times, Weekend July 23, 1999, “An Island Loved for What it Doesn’t Have”, featured The Blue Dory Inn and The Adrianna Inn
- Editor’s pick, Yankee Magazine’s Travel Guide to New England
- 2015 Yankee Magazine Best of New England Editor’s Choice
- “One of New England’s Best Bed & Breakfasts”, Fodor’s, 1998
- “Rendezvous with Romance”, Travel America, December 1997
- “50 Great Beach Resorts”, Travel and Leisure Magazine, June 1996
- Included in Paula Begoun’s book The Best Places to Kiss in New England: A Romantic Travel Guide, 1993
Contact us today to stay at our award winning Bed & Breakfast on Block Island, the Victorian Inns by the Sea. We have a variety of options when it comes to a romantic Bed & Breakfast on Block Island.